• Kids have wonderfully open hearts and minds. Kindness keeps them that way.
• Second graders aren’t good at using glitter.
• There are usually MORE than two sides to every story. Some are told with more dramatic flair than others.
• You will often find sweet notes and pictures on your desk throughout the day.
• Kids LOVE it when you go out to recess with them.
• You’ll have to repeat yourself at least 3 times for everything, and still not everyone will hear. May want to consider tape recording yourself. ;)
• It’s best to avoid talking much in the teachers’ lounge.
• Ask fellow teachers for advice… they know a lot!
• Humor in the classroom is a MUST!
• Every teacher really does want the best for their students.
• If one student goes on a restroom break, half the class will have urgently full bladders.
• The kids who will try to cheat are usually the ones you would least expect.
• Never assume ANYTHING.
• If you want to see yourself teaching, ask a student to teach an easy routine lesson. They will act just like their teacher! Plus they love it.
• Teachers aren’t paid enough.
• If the bureaucrats who make the education laws would spend just one day in the classroom… need I say more?
• Kids really do say the darndest things!
• Teaching is the best and most rewarding job ever!
I am about to finish school and have absolutely NO idea what I want to do with myself next year - go to university, but to do what? I have considered teaching, and it is the passion that teachers like you show towards their job that has really inspired me. I think it takes a certain type of person to do teaching - for example, I don't know whether I would have the patience - and I think I would prefer working with older students rather than younger ones. It's great to see that you love your job, and although I feel that other courses I have considered (such as medicine and physiotherapy) have a greater prestige than teacher, I do believe that above all, your career should be something that you love, regardless of anything else. Thanks for your inspiration.ReplyDelete
Thank you very much for your comment. I agree that you have to do something you love. Find where your passion is... and follow that. You sound like you have a great head on your shoulders!ReplyDelete
Thanks for being a teacher that cares. We certainly need more like you!! Kudos!ReplyDelete